My fellow blog friend is in Guatemala as we speak going through absolute adoption hell. Her child is caught up in one the orphanges that has a court order from the children leaving. She was told that the papers would be signed and she would be allowed to bring her babe home. Anyone who has gone through the experience knows that they will tell you anything and information constantly changes. Remember our stolen passport hell from December 2007??? Things are very corrupt in Guatemala! We think our government, law enforcement, etc is corrupt - you aint seen nothing until you leave the good ole' US of A.
Anyway - my point here is for all of you to keep this person in your thoughts and prayers. May she keep her patience and composure. May the judge sign off on the case and let her take her child home before the week's end. May the people she encounters not be passive aggressive and move at the speed of molasses.
This whole story ticks me off! What is wrong with this system? Just sign the &%$&@ papers already and GIVE HER THE KID! I think back to when we went through our "cake walk" adoption and people would say that mayve when we went down to visit her they would just let her come home with us. Good lord... if they only knew and understood how this system operates.
1 comment:
LOL!!!! Maybe they'll just let her come home while there on a visit trip?!!!! That has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Ha, ha, ha!!!
For those who were able to bring our children home over the last year, we're pretty darn lucky. I know too many are still "stuck in the system" with no end in sight.
I hope everything works out well for your friend this week. I'll send positive vibes her way this week.
Post a Comment