Since Cecilia's arrival, we have dedicated our every moment to her. We watch her, smile and marvel at her every accomplishment. It is important to me that she develop a positive sense of self but where is the line drawn between that and being egocentric? Where is the line drawn between allowing her to explore her environment and learn vs. allowing her to do whatever she wants and being the person in control. My rule, to date, has been to allow her to do almost anything that does not hurt herself, others or destroy something. Maybe I need to rethink that. Hmmm!
On a positive note, Cecilia LOOOOOVVVVVES books! (That was for you Maryanne) Her favorite is "Cats" by Matthew Van Fleet. The 2nd most popular page is where she can squeak the ball and the #1 page is the pop-up puss in boots where she can call out the ever famous, "Ahhhh-pah" and he jumps out.
From Amazon... In Matthew Van Fleet's irresisibly pettable, brillantly innovative and fun multi-concept book, watch twenty-three breeds of frolicking felines pounce, prance and parade through concepts, pull-tabs, textures and interactive surprises. And you'll never believe what cat dragged in! Pleasingly purr-fect fun from start to finish! Meow...meow...meow...WOW!

>
1 comment:
Oooh, that book looks great! Kate would love it...she is all about her Kitty lately!
I don't like Bratty kids either! I think about Kate's attitude and behavior all the time. I just hope I she still stays very easy-going. I hope the same for you as well!
Post a Comment