Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ahhh-pah! Ahhh-pah! Ahhh-pah!

Cecilia has a great new game. It is called "Ahhh-pah! Ahhh-pah! Ahhh-pah!" Game Rules: 1.) Put your hand down your shirt. 2.) Call out, "Ahhh-pah! Ahhh-pah! Ahhh-Pah!" 3.) Pull your hand from your shirt and loudly say, "AHHH!" Once you have mastered this, move to Level Two. 1.) Put something under a blanket, washcloth, diaper, etc. 2.) Call out, "Ahhh-pah! Ahhh-pah!" (notice the elimination of the third Ahhh-Pah!) 3.) Rip the covering off the object and loudly say, "AHHH!"

Not sure where this game came from or what-the-heck "Ahhh-pah" is. The only thing I can think of is that we call her bottle "Pacha" which is Guatemala word. Sometimes I sharply yell for Pacha when it is missing. When we find Pacha, it gets repremanded. Cecilia loves to see things/people get into trouble and laughs her head off. I see a future for her a classroom tattletale. Anyway, Cecilia calls her Pacha, "Bah-pah" and this is the only connection I can see.

Today, Cecilia and I attended her first Latino Playgroup. She was one of about 15 kids. We did a circle time, complete with a Valentines Day lesson, did a craft and had free-play. The entire session is in Spanish. She seemed to enjoy herself.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like a fun game to me!!!

Kim said...

Sounds like a mix beteween Bottle and Pacha to me! LOL! How cute. It's great that you have a playgroup that is ethnic specific!

Telissa said...

I wanna play that game!! Sounds like too much fun! Pacha - who can forget that word?? Our little one starts spinning her arms around in circles and shreaking!!