I had a sad filled day which helped sharpen my perspective on the blessings with which I am surrounded. Several times a week, I visit my fellow blog buddies to see what they are up to. Many of them mention Abby, a 4 year old who is battling leukemia and asking for prayers. In the past, I always made a little prayer note while feeling quite distanced. Today, I visited Abby's family blog. What I saw and read ripped my heart out of my chest and threw me to the ground. I sobbed at the courage this little girl has. It hurt my heart to imagine her mother and father's pain. What if this were my precious Cecilia? I don't know how I could continue to live. I saw so much of Ceci in this little girl's spirit. I implore each and every one of you to watch the video of sweet Abby watching video clips people sent her. God hears our prayers and I believe in the power of prayer, especially in numbers. Please pray for her everyday and ask everyone you know to do the same.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing Abby's story and her sweetness...makes our journey seem so simple compared to what this family takes on day after day. Prayers all the way around and back again.
Post a Comment