Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The MAD dash to get ready

Ever since hearing we are out of PGN, I have been in high gear - in fact within in hour of the news, I ripped everything out of my bedroom closet and starting cleaning and throwing stuff away. In 7 days time, I have cleaned out almost every room, ripped the wallpaper off of Cecilia's room, cleaned the attic, organized every drawer and closet (I mean EVERY single one) and organized yard sale stuff. So far, I have a load of things that will completely fill up our Grand Cherokee to take to my friends yard sale in Pittsburgh, about 10 LARGE black garbage bags of garbage and approximately 12 empty boxes. My next project is cleaning the basement and this should be scary as snakes like to hang out down there. I am now equiped with a head lamp and a shop vac to meet the task. The first snake I see... I am DONE!!!

No news on the Guatemala front. Our case manager is down there right now so I hope to get some a positive update upon her return. Unlikely... but I hope to hear that we have a birth certificate.

On another note - there are still lots of children in Guatemala waiting to come home. I was feeling left behind when I heard of other people's cases moving along but actually we were at the beginning of the movement. I know three families who have been through the wringer over and over again and are in a desperate state right now. Please pray for them and that they 1. get the birth mother interview completed, 2. get out of PGN 3. recieve their birth certificate that is being held hostage ("If you give me 1,000 you can have it. If not, you wait 30 days" deal.)

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I found myself feeling guilty as we jumped each hurdle knowing others just kept knocking the hurdles over and getting further and further behind us. I still hate hearing that so many families are fighting battles trying to bring their little ones home and I can feel their frustration. I also celebrate with those who make it out of PGN, get their bc's, orange, pink, and then home so I'm celebrating with you now. I can't wait for you to feel the excitment and happiness we have experienced and experience everyday with Lili home.

nora said...

Emily, you have waited your own fair share. Enjoy your time to get ready and that your PGN wait is over. Its hard to see so many families still waiting, but I am really and truly glad that your Cecilia gets to be home so soon. Pictures of her room?

Kim said...

Wow girl! You have been busy! Thanks for thinking of those of us still in process. Especially those of us who have "been through the wringer." Much appreciated!

Jamie Ball said...

I was out of PGN on June 23rd. My BC from Mazatenango was applied for on June 26th..with a missing paper (?) and then re-applied for on July 2nd. Its KILLIN' me that a two day BC can take up to a month. If you get your BC, could you please email me!!! jball@insightbb.com -Jamie

Jamie Ball said...

I am also waiting on a bc from mazateango. I was submitted for the bc on July 2nd. If you get any info!! please let me know. -Jamie jball@insightbb.com

Telissa said...

keep it in high gear - baby is coming home!!!!! whooaaa hooaaaa, hipppp horrraaayyy!!!

Momster said...

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday dear Cecilia
Happy Birthday to You!

I'm two days older than you!
Love,
Macy