
What's up with this sappy music??? It's "Las Mananitas" the song sung for birthdays in Guatemala and today... Cecilia turns 1 year old! I am very sorry that we are missing out on it. I REALLY want her home and settled in by August 14th so that we can celebrate her BAKER'S DOZEN Birthday (13 Month). There originally was a screw-up with her birthday date and they told us it was 07-17-07. It was one of the factors in us deciding to accept her referral... 7's being good and I visited Ellis Island that very day and thought it was good karma. Then back in October they said "Oops! She was really born 07-14-07." I was sad but then my friend pointed out that 14 is divisible by 7 and actually the date was more balanced. Also on 07-14-07 our case worker came to our house to update our homestudy. So there you have it! There was something momentous that day after all.
No new news on our case other than yes we ARE mixed up with RENAP. A fellow blogger told me today. Why did my agency not know that??? At any rate, this adds about 4 weeks onto our process and means that she definitely will not be home in July and mid August is more likely. POOPIE!
On this special day please think of and pray for our very special baby!
Las Mananitas Translation
This is the morning song that King David sang
Because today is your saint's day we're singing it for you
Wake up, my dear, wake up, look it is already dawn
The birds are already singing and the moon has set
How lovely is the morning in which I come to greet you
How lovely is the morning in which I come to greet you
We all came with joy and pleasure to congratulate you
The morning is coming now, the sun is giving us its light
Get up in the morning, look it is already dawn.
8 comments:
I hope you get the BC soon! Our babies were borna week apart. RENAP stinks!
Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday dear Cecilia
Happy Birthday to You!
I'm two days older than you!
Love,
Macy
Feliz Cumpleanos Cecilia! Our Cecilia is just a few days younger (7/23).
I think the Baker's Dozen birthday is a perfect idea!
Happy Birthday Cecilia! Praying you get through RENAP ASAP!
What a pretty little Birthday Girl she is. Don't worry too much about missingthis one...It will be the last one you will ever miss. I hope you hear more good news soon!
Happy Birthday Cecilia!
Happy Birthday Cecelia!!!!!
I'm so sorry you had to miss her first birthday! Just remember that you have a lifetime of birthdays to share with her.
Oops! Just realized I spelled her name wrong.
Happy Birthday Cecilia!!!!!!!
Post a Comment