We are for the most part ready to roll for Christmas. Cecilia has been asking for Dance Star Mickey. The scoop - they have been out of stock since before Thanksgiving. Her favorite channel has included the Dance Star Mickey (thank you very much)in between every show. It looks to be about the dumbest gift created to date, well... maybe the Littlest Pet Shop or those pigs in tea-cups. We went to the mall to see Santa. When he asked what she wanted, you guessed it, she said Dancin' Mickey. The gauntlet had been thrown and I was on a one woman mission to find the darn thing!
Ebay became my daily companion and the the tune of $90, I was the proud owner of DSM. A few days after it's arrival, Cecilia said, "Mum, did you get me dancin' Mickey?" I asked what made her think that and she said, "Because you was lookin' at it on your pluter." I explained that Mom and Dad could not afford such a thing and thought we were free and clear. That was until a few days later she screamed, "MOM come here!" And what to my wondering eyes did appear? That stinking Dance Star Mickey. I quickly lied, albeit a bad one and said it was for Pina for Elmer. She helped me wrap it and we "sent it off" to Pinas. The second she left the house, I unwrapped it, put it into a new box and re-wrapped it, put it at the top of Scott's closet and covered it with many clothes.
Here is a link to Cecilia's North Pole. I am hoping that it cleared up a few things for her.
1 comment:
Apparently, the kids in our neck of the woods aren't asking for a dancing Mickey as I saw at least six in stock at Toys R Us and a few more at Target this morning.
Cecilia is going to be thrilled with her gift!!!
Post a Comment