I know, I know! I was on a roll and then POUF... nothing. The moment you have all been waiting for, the final installment.
Day Six
We stayed at a wonderful and cheap hotel in Oaxaca but had no time to explore the city as we were to depart at "10:10" the following morning. Tello bunked with us and was going to head back after dropping us off at the airport. The next morning, we got dressed, packed up and headed to the airport. I had to go to the bathroom and ran into the airport quick as they unpacked. When I walked in, I noticed that no one was there. I checked the board, it said Departure Time: 8:45. Rah-ro! We really did not have internet connection the entire trip and therefore I could not check-in online. On top of this, I never printed out itinerary to take along. We were soooo screwed, Continental has 3 flights/week... you heard me... 3! The next flight left in two days. Needles to say, Scott was a little pi$$ed at me. 100% my fault. We went and located a hotel, spent a few more moments with Tello and then were on our own.
In a way, our extended trip was a blessing. We go to see Oaxaca City which is beautiful, clean and very safe. We visited Monte Alban the Zapotec ruins and got to walk around the city. We had a lovely dinner at Como Agua P'a Chocolate and they made our meal right at our table. I was able to have 2 more days of Fanta and Cheetos and was in heaven. We went to the market there and spent quite a bit of time in the central park. Of our entire trip, this was the only relaxing part. I missed our friends terribly but it was nice not to have to coordinate with others.
So there you have it... our trip to Oaxaca!
No comments:
Post a Comment