Saturday, October 10, 2009

Candy, Woo-woos and Pumas... oh-my!

Here are some Ceci anecdotes:
I am amazed at her pretend play and imaginary friends. She always asks "Mom... you want money?" or "Mom... want candy?" Now who is going to say no to that?!? She will root around in her "pocket" and withdraw the desired object and hand it to me. She wants to pretend that she is a woo-woo (dog) all the time and crawls around and carries things in her mouth. But my all time favorite pretend item is her imaginary friend, "Puma." A few weeks ago we were eating in a restaurant and she kept saying, "Mom! Puma!" I had no idea what she was talking about. I have never pointed out or spoken the word puma to her. Hmm! She then pointed to Roque's Penn State Nittany Lion sweatshirt. There it was! Now Ceci walks around with "Puma" in her hand and gently strokes him with the other. She puts her face down to her hand and talks to him in the sweetest motherly voice. She feeds him, reads to him and puts him to bed. I picture that this is what he looks like...

That's all for now! I had oodles to post but have been very busy these days!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Our girls are growing up so fast. Fun and somewhat sad all at the same time.