Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pray for MeWe participate in "Pray for Me... Pray for Others" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to add your prayer request. Join a community of friends who care about you, and hope you will care about them.

I am a "regular" at several folks blogs. Most of them... actually 100% of them are fellow Guate adoption families. The Riggs Family has a daughter being treated for Leukemia and I regularly add them in my prayers. Wednesday's theme on their blog is called, "Pray for Me Pray for Others." I really believe in the power of prayer and think that the more people who pray (or think about you) the better. My dear friend, Edouard, in Senegal always tells me how he prays for me. It melts my heart!

Here goes...
Pray for me: That I can resist the temptation to eat when I am not really hungry. I have gained so much weight in the last year and feel yucky!

Pray for others: My friend, Julie, who is due for surgery on May 11th for her THIRD round of cancer. She has two young children at home and is depressed at the thought of fighting cancer yet again. My friend, Timbra, who goes for surgery tomorrow for cancer AGAIN. She has twin 12 year olds. My friend Missy's niece who has been having bad seizures and frequently.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I pray that God's loving grace surround all those people in need, and that His soothing presence be made known to them.
Thank you for connecting Hearts!