We are like every other parents in the world... we think Cecilia is the most beautiful and smartest kid of all time. She has had a flurry of firsts the past two weeks. Her language has exploded! She no longer calls Ethel "Eto" she now calls her doggie or puppy. We are seeing a lot of Spanish words pop up and we aren't even encouraging it. She says kitty and gato. She says give me and dame. We have noticed that she pairs them up when she says them. All liquids are agua. She also says: ball, ow (ouch and meow), baby, Abby, Mum, Ma, Mami, Dad, Da, Daddy, sock, Toe (Humberto), Tee (Steve), Bubbe, Pappy, shoe, pee-pee, poo, want down, want up and much much more.
And now for the big thing... Scott watched her last night when I was at class. Today he said to me, "You are not going to believe me when I tell you this. Last night we were sitting there and she saw the word "Diego." Plain as day, she said, "Diego" and no one said it or prompted her." OK... not sure what I think here. To my knowledge, she does not know any words. Scott's sister makes fun of this and would say, "Call MENSA!" Anyone have their number???
On Monday, Cecilia and I had a play date with Auntie Gail. She had some tango music from her trip to Argentina and put the CD on. Cecilia and I tangoed and she LOVED it. She giggled from her belly up and whenever I would stop, she would say "Mum!" and push my arm out to start up again.
And now for the big thing... Scott watched her last night when I was at class. Today he said to me, "You are not going to believe me when I tell you this. Last night we were sitting there and she saw the word "Diego." Plain as day, she said, "Diego" and no one said it or prompted her." OK... not sure what I think here. To my knowledge, she does not know any words. Scott's sister makes fun of this and would say, "Call MENSA!" Anyone have their number???
On Monday, Cecilia and I had a play date with Auntie Gail. She had some tango music from her trip to Argentina and put the CD on. Cecilia and I tangoed and she LOVED it. She giggled from her belly up and whenever I would stop, she would say "Mum!" and push my arm out to start up again.
Monday night my friend and colleague, Maryanne, came over. We had some work to do on Tuesday and worked from my house. Cecilia had a great time and would call out, "Tia" to her. I got a few cute pictures but they are still on my camera. Tia taught us the cutest song that is haunting me. I don't know whether to thank or curse her. Hmmm.
The Cuppycake Song
you're my honey bunch,sugar plum
pumpy-umpy-umpkin
you're my sweetie pie
you're my cuppy cake gumdrops
snoogums-boogums
youre the apple of my eye
and i love you so
and i want you to know
that you always be right here
and i love to sing this song for you
because you are so dear
3 comments:
Kid's that are read to often learn words quickly. My husband is a member of Mensa, so I'll get their phone number and send it your way :-)
Also, Lili's newest thing is getting excited when she see's Obama on t.v. and yelling out "Omama."
cute song! we have the pick-up song in our house, but only the first verse. pick-up, pick-up....as we go to the next verse "everyone do your part", we are all picking up and she is un-picking up!! we'll get there!
1-800-GENIUS. Love, Jen :)
Post a Comment