Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving notes...

I know it has been a while since I have posted. We have been very busy! As I reflect on the meaning of Thanksgiving, there are many things that I am thankful for. God has blessed us in many ways and I continually feel his warmth. Since this day falls on the 27th day of November, I am going to mention the top 27 things I am thankful for...
1. Cecilia Paola - who has been a bright spot in my life
2. Scott - who loves me unconditionally and is supportive of me in every way
3. Maria del Carmen - who was chosen to be Cecilia's first mother
4. Maria Isabel and Roni - Cecilia's foster parents who gave her the best possible start in life and loved her as their own
5. Melani and Oscar - Cecilia's foster sister and brother who gave her lots of attention and play time
6. My mother - who would walk through fire for me
7. My best friend Janell - who knows all about me and still likes me :-)
8. My friend Penny - who was "mysteriously" put in the right places at the right times for me and who traveled with us to Guatemala on our pick-up trip
9. My friend Maryanne - who also was plunked down into my life with perfect timing
10. My co-workers and colleagues - who have the utmost respect for me and my work and think tha I am more amazing than I really am :-)
11. All of the friends and family in my life who do so much for me
12. Having a cozy and warm home
13. My dog, Ethel who loves to snuggle in front of the fire
14. Knowing the love of a "real" Grandmother who did all the grandmotherly things
15. Having had a strong "team" on our side through the crazy adoption process
16. Snowy, cold days where you stay inside in your jammies and snuggle on the couch
17. Warm, breezy summer days when the wind chimes blow
18. Colorful, crisp fall days and taking a road trip to see the leaves
19. People who let you in when lanes are merging - ALWAYS wave to them!
20. All the technology and advances over the years so we don't have to rough it anymore
21. The many red "threads of destiny" in my life - such as Edouard who I met on a ferry in Africa, spent 15 minutes with and still regularly talk to
22. Feta cheese and pine nuts - my 2 favorite foods - I must have been Greek in a past life
23. Living in a country where I have food, housing, clothing, education and if I don't I know where to go for it and where it is NOT OK for my husband to beat me
24. Chocolate and peanut butter combined - LOVE those Reeces Xmas Trees
25. Lycra - finally I can wear jeans again
26. Tolerance of people's differences (appearances, religions, opinions, ideas, backgrounds, etc) - I just wish more people had it!
27. To be alive and healthy!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Thanksgiving. We sure do have many things to be thankful for!

Telissa said...

thanks for the giggles on all the things you are thankful for. instead of lycra, remember spanx, too!!! hahaha. glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving and love the new photos. too much time has passed already, but looks like you guys are peas in a pod!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy your blog!.. The pictures bring a smile to my face every time. I also have many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and you and Cecilia are definitely on the list. See you Wednesday.. remember we make a great Combo..

nora said...

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy Cecilia's first Christmas!