Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We are still kickin'...

To make life easier, I got Internet at the house instead of driving to the farm each time I need to check email. I also hope this enables me to post more frequently.

In the past few weeks, we have really gotten out and about. We were invited for dinner at Gail and Ed's house. Cecilia did a thorough house safety check and they passed with flying colors. We were the guests of honor at Doug and Belinda Rimmey's (our cow hoof trimmer and his wife... yes, that actually is a profession and a good one at that!) Cecilia was the belle of the ball and got a ride in a dumptruck. My closest and dearest friends had a welcome gathering this past Sunday and Cecilia got a great 4-wheeler and lots of other "loot." Cecilia and I visited dear friend and mentor, Carol Nollau, this past Monday for lunch. Carol taught me everything I know about kids and let me test out my skills on her daughters - Anne (26), Kate (24) and Margaret (20) - who I babysat for MANY years. Carol reminded me that I weaned them all off the bottle. She said otherwise, they would all still be walking around with it. In my no-nonsense way, I am sure I said something like, "You don't need that anymore!" and pitched it in the garbage.

The latest Cecilia'isms...
***Gets my attention, smiles and pulls the plugs from the electrical outlets
***Pushes her high chair back herself when finished eating
***Uses EVERYTHING as a phone
***Talks in her sleep and with great enthusiasm
***Wipes herself when I diaper her
***Runs her toy sweeper
***And JUST this week... she runs!!!

Cecilia had her 15 month well baby checkup yesterday. She is now 19# 8oz. and 73 cm. long. Apparently Guatemala weighed and measured her with her clothes on because on 08-18-08, she weighed 19# and was 73 cm. long (and that was almost 2 months ago!) According to the USA scale, she is in the 7th percentile for both weight and height. She got 2 shots and had blood pulled and NEVER cried!!!

1 comment:

Telissa said...

OMG!!! I have not forgotten you, but i wanted to congratulate you on having her home AT LAST!!! i love each and every picture and hope you post all the time!!!! best wishes, always!