Update from this morning...
Talked to the agency. I thought she went on vacation the 6th but luckily I got the date wrong as it is the 9th. JUST YESTERDAY our lawyer picked up the birth certificate. She apparently visited RENAP every day to get our approval for a birth certificate. I picture the whole Seinfeld scene with the Soup Nazi. "No RENAP approval for you!" I know this whole process is unfathomable for those of you who have not done a Guatemalan adoption. This is one of the reasons I started the blog. I was exhausted from telling people about the process and trying to help them understand the craziness of it all. Why don't you just give them a piece of your mind? Maybe when you get down there, they will just let you bring her home. Why do they make you wait? Maybe of you did _. and so on. I had a pretty good understanding of what we were up against but got my wakeup call when we had to deal with Guatemalan Immigration to get our passports stamped. With all this said, apparently our lawyer had on the right outfit, smelled just right, said just the right thing and the RENAP Nazi said, "RENAP approval for you today!" At any rate, I am thankful, but this pushes us back another 3 weeks.
3 comments:
COME ON!!! WAIT?? WHO IS TIRED OF WAITING AROUND HERE??
AWESOME!!! She will be home very soon!!! Time to get excited!
Ugh!!!! Ugh Ugh..
Hang On !!!.....We are in the bottom of the bottom of the 12 inning. Now into extra innings...
However... in the end WE WIN... WE WIN.. WE Win... for a Lifetime.!!
Love... Emily and Cecilia's TEAM
Post a Comment