OK... the whole cyclical adoption connection continues. I hear back from Mary (the lady I ran into in Clarion whose neighbor I met in Guatemala) and she told me about visiting a good friend last weekend. She was telling her friend about her neighbor's new Grandson from Guatemala and this friend started telling her about ME! Turns out, her friend is Pam Rowland, the sister of a good friend of mine, Jenny, from high school. Yesterday driving home from work in the eastern part of the state, I heard an advertisement on the radio for good "6 degrees of separation" stories. I am seriously considering entering the contest.
Nasty Note... I am pissed
Here it is the 2nd week of August and we have been out of PGN for OVER a month now. Who knows where we are in the process. Our case manager is now on vacation for a week and I have no idea. I am hitting an emotional low. Here are the series of events...
- June 27th - We are officially out of PGN
- June 30th - Agency says smooth sailing from here and we should expect to travel the last week in July. Birth Certificate in 1-2 days
- July 17th - Case manager back from Guatemala and we are in RENAP hell. Time frame is 15 business days. We should be BC ready next week
- July 18th - Have RENAP approval and are getting birth certificate tomorrow
- July 19th - Person who hands out approvals is on vacation until next Wednesday
- July 29th - Picking up the BC "tomorrow" but then again who knows which tomorrow they were referring to. Then they are submitting for 2nd DNA approval. We should expect to pick-up the week on August 18th or August 25th.
So. .. do we really have a BC or not? Have we had our 2nd DNA taken or not? Will we even get her in August or are were really looking at September? It is very hard to deal with this but there are people worse off than me. Still in PGN, Out of PGN but their child is still being held "hostage" in a hogar, Not in PGN yet because of the birth mom's credential and Family Court mess. Believe or not but I am one of the lucky ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment