Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our bags are packed... we're ready to go...

Update yesterday -
Our DNA arrived at the Embassy last night at 6pm. We are waiting for our appointment which will be anywhere from next Thursday to September 5th. The appointment is basically the final step in getting Cecilia. Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of when we first saw a picture of Cecilia and signed the adoption contract. I predict we will get the appointment date tomorrow on that momentous day.

We are READY!!! We have our entourage lined up. Our friend Penny has a ticket and is ready to go. Aunt Jennifer has some miles to use up, too and might go with. I am scheduled to leave 1 week from tomorrow unless the appointment is earlier than expected. Scott's plans are still pending until we get "The Email." Pfhew! So much to do and I am in the midst of Grange Fair craziness.

That's all for now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes !!!... I have been waiting for this blog... checking and checking..

I will be with you in spirit as you wrap your loving, protective arms around Cecilia and bring her home.. I can just feel the coziness of her sitting cuddled up in your lap on the plane.. and a deep sigh of relief as the plane lifts off!!

Ahhhh....

Debbie said...

This is so exciting!!!! Can't wait until you get the office "pink" email. Your life is about to change in a major way and you're going to love it.

nora said...

Congratulations! I will be checking for your appointment date religiously!

Telissa said...

have a great trip...i would carry your bags for you if i could!! best wishes and can't wait to see you all home together.

The Heinrichs said...

How exciting!!! Where are you staying? I am flying out Sept 1 and think I am staying at the Grand Tikal on the 31st...would love to meet you guys!!!