Friday, June 27, 2008

Home again, home again jiggedy jig

We here we are back in good 'ole PA. In grand Guatemalan style, we did not retun home without some sort of drama.

Cecilia was picked up at 8:30am at which time I had to run to catch my 10am flight. I missed the 8:30 shuttle but the kind guy at the front gave me a lift. It was much easier to drop off Cecilia this time as I was rushed to get going. There were only a few tears when her foster mom hugged and kissed me. I gave her a birthday gift for Cecilia and birthday party $ so she can have a grand party complete with Tres Leches cake and pinata. I LOVE TRES LECHES!!! My flight through Miami was delayed (again!) and when I finally got to Philly my last leg was delayed about 2 hrs (because we were waiting for a flight attendent) which put me back in State College @ 2am. The exact same thing happened to Scott the night before. What is the deal with waiting for flight attendents???

Anyway - all is well. Our lawyer says that our case is approved and waiting to be released in 8 days (this was on June 18th). So if your math is the same as mine, that means we should have been released on June 25th which was Wednesday. No word yet. I sort of suspect that she meant 8 Guatemalan days, which as you know is not the same as 8 USA days. Hmmm. It looks like we will bring her home mid August at the very earliest!!! To hold you over, please view her video and pictures. A'int she cute???

6 comments:

The Heinrichs said...

Love the video! She is so cute! I am you get your OUT soon! And maybe we can try and meet up in Guatemala!

Deanna

Heidi said...

I hope your OUT comes next week! That is so great you were able to go visit.

Kim said...

That is the cutest video! Totally made me laugh and that's hard to do lately! I hope your OUT is coming any day now!

Debbie said...

Who knew shoes could be so much fun. Lili likes playing with shoes too, but never gets as excited as Ceci. Wow, is she ever a cutie! I'll keep stalking your blog waiting to read the big "OUT" post. I hope it happens soon.

Momster said...

Celia is adorable. She is only 2 days younger than my Macy! Hoping we get our girls home soon

nora said...

That is one active, curious, funny little bunny. She is SO cute! I hope you are right and that you guys get to bring her home so soon! Maybe Monday will bring great news and the BC will be so quick! Thinking about you guys lots!