No earthshattering news either way. There was a PGN "pow-wow" in Guatemala and this is what Guatadopt reports on it. The comments in pink are mine.
April 28, 2008
PGN Meeting
We're still waiting for multiple source updates. But one forum regular who attended the meeting basically posted that it went well. She said that 1.) PGN agreed to look into the legality of the CNA auditing grandfathered cases (We are a grandfathered case) 2.) PGN agreed that everyone knows who the corrupt attorneys are and that they will not hold up all cases over that (note: I find this hard to believe as who decides the list of "corrupt" attorneys"). (Our lawyer, Carlos Humberto is NOT corrupt so we don't have to worry about him) But they said that they will separate investigations of attorneys from the adoptions themselves and prosecute the corrupt ones. 3.) They will process cases in a timely fashion (This means nothing! Our definition of 'timely' does not align in anyway with their definition... trust me... I know! Remember the stolen passport fiasco?!?) 4.) They are looking into cases that seemed to have exited PGN too quickly in the past. (Not sure what this means... are they coming to the US and picking up the batch of kids whose cases went through PGN in 1 week? I can't see where they have any control over this) I would assume this part of investigating what went on in PGN with Gordillo and Barrios as there is till a court case open involving their firing. (On the flipside, I feel strangely blessed that our case was not released within the last month. Who is to say they wouldn't investigate it because Barrios approved it before the "grand overthrow"? God works in mysterious ways!
update 8:00 pm Monday
As we learn more and get more reports, we'll post it.
We did hear back from a very trusted source basically verifying the information above. This source urges calm and says that they say some cases, starting with those that had been approved but not picked up, SHOULD start coming out next week. He also added that anytime there is a change in leadership at PGN, this sort of thing is normal. He said that in general, it was better news than expected. (It is hard to feel too discouraged or encouraged. Who knows???)
1 comment:
I remain encouraged about the whole PGN thing right now. I think we will see lots of OUTS in the next couple weeks. I hope we are some of the people blessed!
Post a Comment