Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Good news... Bad news

We had not heard anything since our PA on 12-21. I contacted the agency yesterday because I heard PGN was 'closed' to new cases until the Central Authority goes into effect. I was praying that we were submitted before 01-01-08. Apparently there was no time for our lawyer to get the papers between our PA and the closing of the office between 12-24 and 01-02. So... we are not in PGN. Who knows how long this will take now. Very depressing for me.

On a good note... we are visiting again this month. We will arrive in Guatemala on 01-25-08 and visit Antigua before getting the baby on 01-27-08. I can't wait to see her!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear the attorney wasn't able to get you into PGN before the end of the year. However, it's looking like the Central Authority is going to begin registering cases sometime next week, so hopefully it won't be long.

I'm thrilled that you're going on a visit trip and will see Antigua. It's a beautiful city.

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Yes, you are in my prayers. Have a wonderful trip and I pray you will get good news soon!

nora said...

Our Cecilia was born on 7/23/07 - I hope you guys get PA SO soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a safe trip and wonderful visit~

Debbie said...

Just realized you are leaving tomorrow. Have a wonderful visit trip!

Debbie said...

You've been tagged. Check out my blog post from Jan. 31 at www.worldofweeks.blogspot.com.

nora said...

Hope you have a great trip! Can I add your blog to mine?

Debbie said...

How was the visit trip? Haven't heard from you in awhile.