Last weekend we went to Raystown Lake. Cecilia has only ever been there once, last August. She did not appear to have any recollection of the lodge when we arrived but this did not really surprise me. It was a year since she had been there and we were only there for two days. We put on our swimsuits and walked down the lake. Cecilia was so high maintenance. At one point, she took my hand and said, "Come on Mum." I didn't want to. I tried to talk her into just playing in the water. She was insistent. I finally gave in and went with her. "Where are we going? I asked. "Down here to pick blueberries," she said. She led me down and around the corner where low and behold there were blackberry bushes. She remembered picking them there with my friend last year.
My friend, Gail, went to Turkey a few weeks back. Yesterday in the mail we got a package. A box of Turkish Delights for Scott (I will let your imagination run wild) a Turkish bath set for me and a pair of Turkish slippers for Cecilia. They are adorable! They are red velvet with gold trim and pom-poms on the toes. She squealed. They were her "Princess" shoes. She immediately shoved her feet in them and started clunking around the house. All of a sudden she appeared with her head covered with a blanket and wrapped around her like some sort of Muslim wrap. She was a self proclaimed princess. She has never seen Aladdin or any of the other movie or TV show that would portray this (that I know of) but clearly knew what she was creating. Very interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment