Always been a firm believer in this philosophy. From time to time, I get wrapped up in the toxic but always manage to break free. Two things from today come to mind.
#1 Cecilia has been going to bible school at a conservative Mennonite church. There is just something about that church. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot the first day, I filled with calm. As I entered, I felt like I was "home." Everyone I saw, everyone I talked to radiated genuine peace. It made me feel so close to God.
#2 I was on the internet this afternoon when I noticed that my friend from Senegal, Eduoard, logged in. We got on Skype and talked for 1 1/2 hours. I met Eduoard on a ferry five years ago and we have been friends ever since. He defines goodness. He prays for me EVERY night... so do his parents. He is so eager to make something of himself, yet is so poor and lives in a country with zero opportunity.
So even if just for today, I managed to surround myself with those who uplift me.
No comments:
Post a Comment