Saturday, March 20, 2010

What the day brings...

When you wake up in the morning, you think you know what the day will bring but on occasion, life will throw you something completely unexpected.

Thursday night: En route to a work assignment Scott called saying Ceci was sick. I turned around and headed home to care for her. She never gets sick!

Friday morning: Took Ceci to the doctor. Called my work assignment to discuss alternative plans since I was unable to be there. While on the phone, my niece from Florida called through. My sister was rushed to the hospital with a blood clot in the lung.

Friday afternoon: Held Ceci while trying to book tickets to Florida, pack and clean house.

Friday night: Left at 6pm for the airport, ran to the store for a few last minute things. Departed at 7:05 for Philly. Prepared for crash landing into Philly. No crash, simply a light malfunction. Close connection to Tampa. Man behind me snored loudly the entire way. Arrived in Tampa at 11:30 and went straight to the hospital.

As I crawled into bed that night it occurred to me that less than 24 hours prior to this, I had no idea that I would lay my head down in Florida.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hope and pray that your sister does well. Pulmonary Emboli are serious, but sounds like she is in good hands. Travel back safely!