Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blurring the Line

I subscribe to Adoptive Families magazine, which by the way is a must for anyone who has adopted and is interested in adopting. I am always trying to gain insight into raising a "non-white" child in our society. Throughout the adoption process, we got many inquiries about why we were adopting internationally. It always made me feel like what they really wanted to ask was - Why were we not adopting a white American child? The sad part is that those who were most "concerned" about this were family members. Not a single one of my friends ever presented the question. When Cecilia arrived, it became a non-issue. She was met with adoration and love from everyone.

I encourage you to read the following article. It brought tears to my eyes. It is a beautiful and true story! Click here... Blurring the Line.

No comments: