Things naturally have been hectic. There are so many things I like about the holidays and equally as many that I detest.
1. Seeing people we miss and getting to spend time with them. Flip side, trying to squeeze in many people and events.
2. All the holiday food and treats. Flip side, overeating rich foods that make you feel like you need to poop 10 pounds.
3. All the presents. Flip side, the massive amounts of money spent on people. There was absolutely no decrease in spending this year. Another flip side, why do we need so much (insert bad word here) stuff?
4. The "reason for the season." Flip side, how many people are really celebrating Christ's birth? Very little mention of him but lots of talk about Santa. Cecilia knows who "Ho-Ho" is but wouldn't know Jesus if she tripped and fell in the manager on top of him. I talked a lot about Baby Jesus, read the Bible to her, pointed out every nativity we saw, but in the end, every time I asked whose birthday was she inevitably said, "mine."
5. All the festive, warm and fuzzy lead-in to Christmas. Flip side, the whole climax and then "IT'S OVER" let's smoke a cigarette feel of the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment