My Spanish is terrible! It is so frustrating because I miss my dear Tello and Humberto in Mexico and when we talk on the phone it is hard to get past... how is the weather, how is your family, etc. Everytime I call Cecilia's foster mom in Guatemala, I have to have a Spanish speaker on standby to discuss the more important issues. Any way, I had been toying with getting a Spanish tutor to become more proficient. On one of my Guate listservs, someone mentioned that they Skype with a teacher in Antigua, Guatemala. I contacted him, signed on and tonight was my first lesson. My webcam died today so all I could do was see him. It was nice because I could do it without a bra on, bad hair and no makeup. Edwin says I have a beautiful accent! Just wait until he gets to see the whole package... he will really be impressed! :-) I never had any formal lessons, never took it in high school, didn't know a single word until our guys came to work for us and I learned what I know completely from them. Most of our guys are indigenous and speak poor Spanish. What this means is that I have learned a lot of incorrect Spanish and now have some bad habits to break. "No problema!" Oh, crap, Edwin said that is it "No hay problema" There I go already.
Anyway... if anyone is interested, I will can hook you up. He is very reasonable - 4 hours for $35.00, 8 hours for $65.00.
1 comment:
Cool! Can you pass along his information? Is he on SpeakShop? You might also want to check out http://www.livemocha.com. COOL, FREE website!
Post a Comment