Friday, August 28, 2009

A Special Day...

Today is a great day for two reasons. Reason 1: The first day of the Grange Fair. The GF is a very important event in our family. Every year at the end of August, our family literacy moves into a tent and lives there a week. Since I have been born, I have attended 41 GF's... and I am not even 41 yet. My sister was concieved at the GF (something a little creepy about that!) My nephew attended his first fair at the age of 5 days.

Reason 2 and a VERY important reason: This day a year ago, I departed my beloved fair and boarded a plane to meet my friend in Guatemala. We did some some traveling before we piccked up Cecilia to bring her home. Here is a picture of Penny and me inside our shuttle on our way to Antigua.
Here we are sharing an agua pura at my FAVORITE restaurant in Guatemala... La Fonda en la Calle Real... Boy do I miss Guatemala!!!

No comments: