Monday, June 8, 2009

The weekend in review


Cecilia attended her first parade. She took it all in and waved Miss America style to all who passed. Her favorite part however, was the ridiculous amount of candy that was thrown. She had her own bag and I was the "runner" (runner is also the term given to the person who brings the cows into the parlor :-) She would point out what I missed. She would motion to her bag if a truck went by and did not throw candy. Take a peek at how much candy she had... and it was only half way through the parade. We started yelling "No more candy!!!" at one point. We have had to implement a no candy rule at our house. Since the parade, she is obsessed with candyCecilia has always loved babies and now they have taken a new twist. She has perfected "Makeshift Baby." This baby comes in many forms. We have garbage bag baby, underwear baby (do not worry... underwear baby is always made with clean, ready to fold laundry underwear) and the latest... newspaper baby. Watch this but notice the TV steals her interest.

On another note, I got an email from my friend Eduoard today. He was very honored to be the focus of my first Red Thread Thursday. He notes that for his birthday he did nothing special. He went to church to pray and then had grilled meat with his brother and sister. I wanted to share what he wrote about our meeting. The following is an excerpt from his email:

You are really right, I said to myself that this not a coincidence, it is God who make this! How much time I met some tourist in the ferry, I have never try to speak with them, perhaps I was waiting for this days; you come like a sunshine in my heart

I always remember the day I met you; I have never spoken with an American, it put me ashamed because I didn’t like to make a mistake.


How beautiful is that?!? I love how he described it like sunshine coming into his heart.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Maybe you could save the parade candy for Halloween and pass it out the the ghosts and goblins. With all the preservatives, I'm sure it will still be good :-)

Love the newspaper doll!!!! What an imagination!!!!!

Telissa said...

She is looking more and more a piece of you every day! I love her long hair - hope she sits still for you do do it! Sending our love your way and thanks for letting us continue to follow your journey - seems like forever...now!