Thursday, April 2, 2009

Aprils Fools on ME

I had a good joke played on me yesterday. Cecilia was visiting our Amish neighbors. They have a 3 year old son, David, that she loves to play with. David and his brother, Samuel, are the youngest of 8. They have 6 older sisters so they certainly understand the complexities of women. And trust me... Cecilia is complex and likes to run the show. Anyway, when I went to pick her up, this is how I found her. At first I thought that she had soiled her clothes until they said "April's Fools!" I am glad that this was the joke they played on me because Martha told me about the joke she played on her teacher. She carefully placed a water filled balloon at the top of the school door and when her teacher opened it up, the balloon fell down on her. And she reported that the teacher was mad. Hmmm... imagine that! Out of respect for the Amish "No pictures" I waited until we got home to snap some shots of her.

Cecilia is in charge of letting Ethel in and out - a job she takes very seriously

Cecilia from the back. It could not have been authentic without the barefeet

Cecilia whipping up some of her famous Amish recipes. Email me if you would like her recipe for "Flour"

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Please do send me her recipe for flour :-)

Love the pictures.

nora said...

Oh my goodness - what a great joke! And her pony tail is too cute! We have a recipie for "water" - would you like that?