Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Proud parenting moment

Oh that moment every mother dreams of. I am in the bedroom folding laundry and Cecilia is in the next room and all of a sudden I hear bzzzzz. I know that sound and run to her. There so is - proud as a peacock! She has the cordless clippers in her hand and a few locks of hair about 3" in length lay on her shirt. The good part is that you really can't tell to look at her. At least she didn't shave off her bangs like another little girl did some 36 years ago.

Cecilia celebrated her 1 1/2 year birthday today. We made cupcakes and she decorated them in honor of herself. We put a candle on one, lit it and sang Happy Birthday after dinner tonight. She had trouble with the blowing part so we repeated the routine 2 more times. I am sure it was better practice for her to learn how to use the lighter than it was to learn to blow out candles. With that said,I think we'll be locking up the lighter with our guns and ammo. Well - maybe not the ammo. :-) That's all y'all!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

The clipper incident could have certainly been worse.

Telissa said...

so a chunk of hair didn't win the battle! you definately have your hands full, but willingly and knowingly is the best part!!! hope you guys are staying warm. i am glad i get to peak in on from time to time! wishing you the best and hoping cecilia gets to see spring soon!