Last Sunday, Cecilia and I went to mom's office Christmas party. I was curious to try another round of Santa. Ceci really didn't want to sit on his lap but was happy to sit on mine.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Christmas Eve reflections
Merry Christmas Eve! We are getting down to the wire on the hoho. Last night, Cecilia and I attended what I refer to as the Wolfe-Bubb Family Christmas gathering. Every year, I go to my best friend's house on the eve of Christmas Eve. As I enter the house, Bubby (best friend's husband)hands me my gin and tonic. Last year, we joked that this year, I would not be partaking in my gin and tonic ritual. Last night I walked in just as he was putting the finishing touches on my drink (the LIME!) Janell and Mavis picked us up so we won't not have to drive and so I could have the "traditional." Scott went Xmas shopping and stopped by for some holiday cheer and took us home. Janell is actually how Scott and I met 17 years ago. I have known her my entire life and in the early 90's, we ended up working at the same bank. She had this landlord that she thought was perfect for me and apparently he was because here we are - married! To make a long story short... I already gave the long story - Cecilia started her Xmas off with a bang. She had gifts coming at her from left and right. The Bubbs got her a play house, a school bus, and electric mixer and a sock monkey. As she unwrapped, Janell and Bubby fought (they are famous for this) and I videotaped the fiasco. Never a dull moment at their house between them, the kids, the 3 dogs and 5 or so cats. Here are a few pictures of the event...


Last Sunday, Cecilia and I went to mom's office Christmas party. I was curious to try another round of Santa. Ceci really didn't want to sit on his lap but was happy to sit on mine.
Last Sunday, Cecilia and I went to mom's office Christmas party. I was curious to try another round of Santa. Ceci really didn't want to sit on his lap but was happy to sit on mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment