So much to catchup on! Cecilia and I were very busy this past week. She... I mean I... did a presentation at the Early Childhood Summit last Monday. It was a huge conference with over 1300 participants. I had 76 people in my breakout session and up until the point that Mom showed up to take over, Cecilia was right up front meeting and greeting. Some woman gave Cecilia her cell phone (mistake) and she walked around at the front of the room talking and laughing to the mystery person on the other end. Everyone laughed - and you know how much Cecilia disliked that :-)That is her new thing... laugh on the phone. We went back to the conference the next day to see our friends Mimi and Linda. This time, we attended a session on what you can do with duct tape. I was amazed! Cecilia, of course was mesmerized and came up with a few ideas of her own. #1... steal other peoples tape. #2... put the roll on your wrist as a bracelet. #3... crunch it up and put it into your mouth. At this point we intervened and never did find out what other things you can do with it.
Cecilia and I made a trip to Pittsburgh at the end of the week. I did a training on early childhood assessment and my boss came in to watch Cecilia. How many bosses would do that?!? We spent the rest of the weekend hanging with our Pittsburgh friends (and Auntie Mimi who drove the whole way in from Reading, PA JUST to see us) and on Saturday were the guests of honor at a "Welcome Cecilia" party. It was so lovely and the food was great. The whole weekend was a whirlwind and Cecilia was going to bed at 7:30pm and sleeping in until 9am. Enjoy the pictures of the event.
1 comment:
Must you flaunt your daughter's sleeping habits :-) Lili, asleep at 8:30, awake at 10:30 to get in bed with mommy, toss and turns until midnight and sleeps until 6:30. Actually, I'm glad to know that someone out there is getting some sleep.
How nice that you're able to take Cecilia with you to work.
Post a Comment