Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wishes upon stars

Yesterday I talked to the agency as Scott and I are getting desperate. I had been planning to make a visit trip again and wanted to see what our caseworker thought of it. Cecilia is 9 months old and I was worried about disrupting her, especially if we would be picking her up in the near future. The caseworker said that she had 3 cases get out yesterday and thought things were moving along. She didn't discourage me but I could sense some reservations. I had been checking flights and my world traveler friend Gail who has oodles of FF miles and points at hotels was packed and ready to go. At this point, I think I will wait. If we get kicked out again, I will reconsider.

Several weeks ago, Tello and I were eating lunch at the Green Bowl. When finished, the waitress came and gave us a fortune cookie. When I opened mine, it read "Good news is coming from far away." It literally took my breath away. Of course when I showed Scott, he pointed out that it did not say "soon." Let's not rain on my parade here!!! And since then, I rip open my fortune cookies to read crap like, "A romantic evening awaits you."

And now to the real reason I am posting... Last night I was driving home from Lewisburg and saw a shooting star. Guess what I wished for!

Thanks to everyone who is praying for us and thinking kind thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Go visit that baby if at all possible. It will make a world of difference on how well she will adjust when she gets home. I visited Rylee when she was 6, 8, and 10 months old. I was told we were out of PGN 2 days before the 10 month visit. We picked her up 10 days before her first birhtday. She did not cry one time, I believe because she already knew me and every visit was all about her. You are in my prayers! Hang in there!

Debbie said...

I hope your fortune and wish come true very soon.

nora said...

Go visit. Sometimes the wait for BCs is SO long!

Best of luck and prayers and shooting estrellas for a happy homecoming!

Telissa said...

thanks for the kind words on my blog!!! you are right, a little more patience and thinking positive will help us all in the last part of this waiting adventure!!! cecilia is too precious - i hope you hold her soon!!